Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Journal Notes from Tracey Gazibara

June 3
I tried sending pictures a few days ago through the phone, but it does not appear that you received them. We will be back in town tomorrow night. I will try to send pictures then.

June 4
It’s 6 a.m. and I just got back from a walk. I have been trying to get a picture of a red leaf monkey that we keep seeing…no luck this morning.

I really love it here. We went on an amazing night boat ride last night…it has been a long time since I have seen so many stars. Beautiful! We saw a flat headed cat, which is very rare. Our guide had not seen one in 3 years. I’m feeling better about solutions (to the palm oil crisis), and I have had a lot of time to think about it. I do miss the zo
o.

For more details on the flat headed cat click here.

June 8
We just arrived at our last destination. We spent last two nights in Jakarta, a city of 9 million people.
(See map below.) It is HUGE! We had several good meetings, but I am glad to be out of the big city. We tried sending photos yet again and only a few went through. We will have limited service the next several days, if we have service at all, but we will try to send updates. Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment